Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Sometimes your products = your customer

I have absolutely no scientific basis for this, I haven't measured it, I haven't tested it.

But I have noticed that customers who buy certain products of mine tend to have certain traits (I guess there is nothing Earth shattering about that observation). What I have noticed however, is that beyond just the normal demographic stuff - customers who buy certain products of mine tend to always be really trustworthy, responsible, customers.

For example, I sell replica copies of the U.S. Constitution. I've never once had somebody buy one of these replicas and then had the deal turn south. My Constitution buyers always pay right away - very responsible customers. It's a generalization - but it causes me to make the connection that anybody who would buy a copy of the Constitution is apt to be a damn upright citizen.

I don't sell books on "How to be a big dork." But if I did, I bet customers who bought that book would tend to be big dorks.

No comments:

Post a Comment