Saturday, August 1, 2009

Mom's Apple Pies

Increasingly when I walk into pretty much any establishment I have a habit of asking myself

1) Is this the sort of place that could use e-marketing (emails, Facebook, Twitter, etc)

2) I wonder if they are

Earlier today I dropped by Mom's Apple Pies in Leesburg, VA - they make awesome pies. As I stood there debating which pie I needed to have - I asked myself those two questions.

It occurred to me that a little pie shop could DEFINITELY use e-marketing really effectively. And then I saw the little sign "Follow Us on Twitter" - it wasn't a huge sign - but it was there.

I thought to myself, "I'll have to check them out"

Sure enough - they're on Twitter: @MomsPies - not bad! And it looks like they're actually Twittering. Good for them!

Now they need an email newsletter/sign-up on their website!

No comments:

Post a Comment